With the news breaking that Rusko is working on tracks for the new Britney Spears album, it seemed only fitting to pass along this DJDownload article on using Cubase for dubstep production so you, too can get your greedy little mitts on some of that major-label production cash.
Whether you’re a DJ, musician or producer, consider yourself a professional or are just starting out, Sonic Academy offers the highest quality video tutorials and resources including features, news and reviews making them a one stop shop for all your music and ‘tech’ needs.
Sonic Academy is proud to announce the next release in the video tutorial series, How to Make Dubstep in Cubase. Learn how to create some ground shaking sub bass coupled with morphing distorted synth patterns in this step-by-step course.
Sonic Academy tutor Bryan Spence takes you through step-by-step how to glitch and chop between basslines, synth parts, vocal stabs and drum crashes to get you on your way to creating the very distinctive dubstep rhythm.
Watch the introduction here: http://www.sonicacademy.com/Producer/Course/?contentId=2965
This course comes in a bundle of 22 videos and is covered using Steinbergs powerful Cubase 5 DAW.
* Lesson 1 – Drum Setup
* Lesson 2 – Drum Programming
* Lesson 3 – Creating a Drum Loop
* Lesson 4 – Compression and EQ
* Lesson 5 – Drum Group and EQ
* Lesson 6 – New York Compression
* Lesson 7 – Distorted Bass
* Lesson 8 – Sequencing the Bass
* Lesson 9 – Sequencing the Bass 2
* Lesson 10 – Phasing Bass
* Lesson 11 – Panning the Phase Bass
* Lesson 12 – Sub Bass
* Lesson 13 – Falling Bass
* Lesson 14 – Creating a Bass Group
* Lesson 15 – Alternative Drum Pattern
* Lesson 16 – Whomp Bass
* Lesson 17 – Creating A Synth Sound
* Lesson 18 – Adding Strings
* Lesson 19 – Glitching Your Drums
* Lesson 20 – Sylenth Riser
* Lesson 21 – Arranging Part 1
* Lesson 22 – Arranging Part 2